This recipe allows you to prepare a delicious festive dish that will be remembered for a long time by you and your family.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 duck (about 1.5 kg)
- 5 medium tangerines
- 3 kiwis (optional)
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1-1.5 tsp honey
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Duck gut, thoroughly wash and dry. Grate the bird from all sides with salt and pepper, leave for 2 hours at room temperature. After the specified time, grind honey with soy sauce until smooth consistency with a fork.
- Mandarin peel and squeeze all the juice, strain it through a sieve. Combine the soy mixture with the juice, stir and evenly grease the duck with the tangerine sauce. Leave the bird for half an hour at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180C, baking pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Clear the tangerines and kiwi from the peel and cut into slices (tangerines just to disassemble by hands on the lobules). Stuff the duck with tangerines and kiwi, sew a bird with a coarse thread or fasten it with toothpicks, put it on a baking tray or put it in a baking dish.
- Pour the bird with the remaining sauce and add 3 tbsp. clean water, put the peel of tangerines around the duck and send it to a preheated oven. Bake a duck with tangerines in the oven for about 2-2.5 hours before a ruddy crust.
- In this case, every half hour, you need to water the surface of the baked duck with a glass-bottom sauce. If the top of the bird begins to burn, but inside the dish is not ready yet – it is tediously covered with foil and baked until cooked.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Cut the baked duck in portions, spread out on plates and serve to the table. Bon appetit!