In the summer many people ask themselves: how to cook crawfish? This recipe will help you cook boiled crayfish at home.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 8 l of pure water
- 330g of salt
- 60 crayfish (size is not important)
- 50 g of butter
- a bunch of dried dill
Recipe for cooking at home
- It is best to cook crayfish for cooking in the spring or early autumn. In summer crayfish molts, they can have a thin skin. Run the crayfish in a large bowl and pour water, rinse thoroughly from each of the sand and silt (it’s most convenient to do it in the bathroom). In a large saucepan (12 liters), combine the water with the salt, dill and put on fire. Cook broth for crayfish about 20 minutes after boiling over medium heat. Then remove the pan from the fire and leave it for 5 minutes to cool, take out a bunch of dill and discard.
- Remove the crayfish from the water and put it in a large bowl. Put the pan on the fire and bring to a boil, add the butter. After a couple of minutes, pour the crayfish into boiling salted water.
- Cooking crayfish is only necessary in a living form, otherwise there will be a risk of poisoning. Depending on the size of the crabs are cooked from 7 minutes (small) to 13 minutes (large). Medium crayfish cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the specified time, remove the pan from the stove and put in a large bowl (or bath) with ice water. Boiled crayfish should be brewed in broth for about 15 minutes. During this time, periodically stir the contents of the pan and cold water around it (if necessary, you can change the water as it warms up.)
- Then discard the crayfish into a colander, put it on a dish and decorate with fresh herbs. Boiled crayfish are delicious and hot and cold. Bon appetit!