Original jam from pine cones will pleasantly surprise even experienced housewives. If you want to learn how to cook pine jam? Our photo recipe will help you with this.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 3 l of water (for soaking cones)
- 1.5 kg of pine cones (green)
- 1.5 kg of sugar
- 250 ml of pure water
- 3 tsp. salts
Recipe for cooking at home
- For preparation of jam from pine cones it is important to take green cones, about 2-5 cm long (maturing period end of May – early June). Pine cones to sort, wash and fold in a large basin. About 3 liters of water is combined with 3 tsp. salt and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cones with salt water and stir. Pine cones for jam should be infused for 3 hours. After this, remove the debris from the surface of the water and drain the saline solution.
- Fill spruce cones with sugar and mix. Green pine cones with sugar should be infused for about 12 hours at room temperature. After 12 hours, drain the syrup, pour the water into the bowl and put everything on the fire, bring it to the boil.
- Cook the jam from the pine cones for about 15 minutes with a gentle boil, stirring. Remove the bowl from the fire and leave the pine jam to cool for 3-4 hours. Then return the jam to the fire and bring it to the boil.
- Cook the pine jam from the green cones for about 1.5 hours until the desired consistency and softening of the fruit . In the meantime, sterilize the cans with lids for conservation for the winter.
- Remove the bowl from the fire and spread the prepared jam over the jars, roll them up and turn them upside down. Cover the jars with a warm blanket and leave them in this position until completely cooled.
- Homemade jam of cones is stored for about 2 years in a dark, sheltered from sunlight spot.