With this recipe, you can prepare a closed pizza like in the photo.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for closed pizza:
- 420 g of flour
- 120 ml of clean water
- 120 ml of milk
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil (preferably olive)
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
Filling for closed pizza:
- 250 g minced meat
- 2 medium tomato
- 120 gr of hard cheese
- 120 g of mozzarella (can be replaced with feta or cheese)
- 1 onion
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Milk warm to a warm temperature (about 35C), dissolve yeast with sugar in it. Leave the yeast mixture for 15 minutes in a warm place. Then pour in the salt. pour in the vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
- Mix half the flour and mix until smooth. Pour a thin stream of warm water and mix. Then mix the remaining flour and knead the dough until smooth. Cover the bowl with a light towel, leave for half an hour in a warm place.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the closed pizza. Peel onion and cut into small cubes. Pour 1-2 tablespoon into the pan. of vegetable oil and put on fire. Fry the onion until golden brown, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the stuffing and mix. Fry minced meat with onions over medium heat, constantly stretching the lumps with a spatula. after about 10 minutes fry the salt, pepper everything to taste and remove from heat.
- On the tomatoes, make cross-shaped incisions and put them for a minute in a pot of boiling water. After a minute, place the tomatoes in a container of cold water and leave until completely cooled. Peel the tomatoes from the skins and cut them into small cubes.
- divide the dough into two equal parts, grease the pan with 1 tsp. Vegetable oil, heat the oven to 180 / 200C. Put half the dough on a baking sheet and roll it evenly over its entire surface. Hard cheese grate on a large grater, mozzarella cut into small cubes.
- On top put the filling of minced meat with onions, tomatoes, mozzarella cubes and sprinkle with grated cheese. In this case, about 3 cm of each edge of the dough should remain free of the filling. The remaining dough is rolled out and covered with pizza toppings, pierced in a few places with a fork and send the baking sheet to the heated oven.
- The closed pizza is cooked about 20-30 minutes before golden crust. Take out the baking sheet and cut the pizza into portions. Bon appetit!