If you have never tried jam from aronia, try to cook it with this recipe! The result will pleasantly surprise you.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1,2-1,3 kg of sugar
- 1 kg of black chokeberry
- 250 ml clean water
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sprinkle ashberry in a bowl, pour a large amount of water and thoroughly wash the berries. Peel them from twigs and stems. In a saucepan, boil about 1 liter of water and pour in the berries.
- After 5 minutes, discard the black ashberry in a colander and allow it to cool slightly. In a large saucepan or bowl, heat pure water for jam and add sugar. Stirring, bring the syrup to a boil and add the cooked berries.
- Boil the jam from the black chokeberry for 12-13 minutes over a small fire after boiling. Remove the bowl / pan from the heat and leave to cool at room temperature for 4-5 hours. To sterilize cans and lids for conservation for the winter in any convenient way for you.
- Then return the rowan jam to the fire and boil for 10-12 minutes after boiling, stirring. Put the hot jam on the jars and roll them with lids. Turn the cans upside down, cover with a blanket and leave in this position for 4-5 hours.
- Store homemade jam from black chokeberry in a dark cool place up to 1-1.5 years .