The recipe for cooking Chinese dumplings at home. The dough turns out to be elastic, it does not break at cooking, and the filling of meat and Peking cabbage is very juicy and tasty.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for Chinese dumplings: 300 grams of flour 300 ml of pure water
Filling for Chinese dumplings:
- 300 g of pork (or minced meat)
- 300 g of Chinese cabbage
- a small piece of ginger root (about 3 cm) or 1-2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp. white dry wine (or lemon juice)
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire, bring to a boil. In the meantime, sift the flour through the sieve (you can do this twice). In the center, make a deepening and gradually, stirring, pour boiling water. Near the end of the knead, pour in the vegetable oil and knead the dough with your hands until elasticity and uniformity. Cover the dumpling with a light damp towel and leave for half an hour at room temperature. In the meantime, prepare a filling for Chinese dumplings.
- Leaves of Chinese cabbage are separated from the head and put into a pan with boiling water. Immediately after this, remove the pan from the plate and leave for a couple of minutes. Take the leaves of Peking cabbage out of a pot of hot water and grind them in a blender (or manually).
- Pork to rinse, dry and drain through a meat grinder. Add to ground minced cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, grated ginger root, soy sauce, lemon juice and mix.
- After half an hour roll the dough for Chinese dumplings into a thin layer about 2 mm thick and cut out of it square pieces with a side about 7 cm. The remains of the dough can be crushed and rolled back. Cut the dough pieces in another way: roll the sausage from it, cut it into small pieces and roll out a thin circle from each.
- Put 1-2 tsp in the center of each piece of the dough. fill, and join the edges. Put the finished products on the flour-poured surface. If you like, dumplings (or some part of them) can be frozen and cooked at any time convenient for you.
- There are three ways to prepare Chinese dumplings. First, boil in boiling salted water (4-5 minutes after boiling). The second is to boil in a double boiler for 25 minutes. The third is to fry in a large amount of vegetable oil to a crusty brown and transfer to a paper towel (to get rid of excess fat).
- Finished dumplings in Chinese cool slightly and serve to a table with pickled ginger , soy sauce and wasabi. Bon appetit!