A fragrant chicken soup with millet will become a tasty and useful lunch for the whole family. Prepare it for this simple step-by-step recipe - it's easy.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.5 kg of chicken (any parts thereof)
- 4 potatoes
- 100-120 grams of wheat
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 garlic cloves >
- several branches of fresh greens
- 1 bay leaf and 2 peas of black pepper
- salt, black pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Pour about 2-2.2 liters of cold water into the pan, put a washed chicken and a cleaned onion, cut in half. Put the pan on the fire and bring to a boil. After boiling, remove the foam from the surface of the boiling broth, add bay leaf, peppercorns and reduce the fire.
- Cook chicken soup broth for an hour with a weak boil. After the specified time, strain the broth through a sieve, shift the chicken to a separate plate, and discard the vegetables with laurel leaves.
- Return the broth to the fire and bring to a boil, a little salt. Carrots clean and grate on a large grater or cut into small cubes, peel potatoes and cut into small cubes of the same size. Millet is poured into a sieve and rinsed thoroughly under cold water.
- Pour potatoes and millet into the boiling broth, bring to a boil and lower the heat. Boil the soup with foie gras and potatoes for about 15 minutes with a slight boil. In a frying pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons. of vegetable oil and put the grated carrots, fry it until soft and ruddy for 3-4 minutes on low heat, stirring.
- Chicken fillet to separate from bones and cut into pieces or break the meat on the fibers. Add chopped chicken and carrots to the boiling soup and stir. Boil the chicken soup with millet 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are ready. Wash greens and finely chop, peel the cloves of garlic from the film and pass through the garlic knives (you can grate it or grind it with a knife). Add greens to the prepared soup, salt, pepper it to taste, add spices, garlic and stir. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 10-15 minutes. Remove the lid, pour the millet soup with chicken over the plates and serve hot to the table. Bon appetit!