Cheesecake with a cherry, the recipe of which is written below, will win the heart of any gourmet. Follow this step-by-step instruction and you will get the same beautiful cheesecake as in the photo.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.9-1 kg of cream cheese (for example Philadelphia or Almette)
- 400 grams of shortbread
- 250 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g cream 30-35% (can be replaced by sour cream 25-30%)
- 100-150 g of butter
- half-lemon (rind)
- 1 tbsp. l. starch
- 10 grams of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
Cherry sauce for cheesecake:>
- 500-600 grams of fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- 50 ml of pure water
- 2 tablespoons. sugar
- 2 tsp. starch without a roller coaster
Recipe for cooking at home
- Eggs for making cheesecake with cherries removed from the refrigerator and left at room temperature. Butter the butter and cut into small bowls, melt in a water bath or in a microwave (without boiling).
- Leave the melted butter to cool. Oven to warm up to 180C, the bottom of the baking dish (preferably detachable) to cover with a circle of parchment paper, to grease it with a few drops of vegetable oil (with the help of a silicone brush).
- Cookies folded into a bag and walk on with a rolling pin. You can grind cookies in any other way convenient for you, for example, using a blender. Combine the crumbled cookies with the melted butter in a bowl and carefully grate with a fork.
- Put the crumbs from the cookie in a mold, tamped and evenly distributed throughout the bottom. Send the form to a preheated oven. Bake sand base for cheesecake about 5-10 minutes. When the base is ready, remove the mold from the oven and leave it to cool. In parallel, boil in the kettle water (for a water bath). The oven should be set to a temperature of 200 ° C.
- Wash the lemon, cut off half and carefully peel it. Grate the lemon peel on a fine grater. Cream cheese in a bowl with a pinch of salt, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and mix with whisk or mixer at low speed.
- Then sift through the starch and stir again. Do not stop whisking, hammer one egg one at a time and knead it homogeneously. Whisk, pour a thin trickle of cream or pour the sour cream. It is important to knead or whisk the cream from the cream cheese at a very low speed so as not to saturate it with air (otherwise the cheesecake will crack when baking).
- The sides of the mold with the inside of the base should be smeared with a piece of butter. If you use a split form, you have to wrap it in two layers with foil. In a larger form, pour in the hot water that you previously set to boil.
- In a sandwich form, lay the cheese cream and smooth the surface. Put the shape with the cake in the form with boiling water. The water level should not be more than half the form with cheesecake. Send both forms in this position to the preheated oven, immediately lower the temperature to 120 / 130C.
- Bake the cheesecake until ready for about an hour and a half. Check the cheesecake for readiness in such a way: tap on the side of the mold lightly, the middle of the cheesecake should shake and the edges should be sufficiently baked. Then turn off the oven, open the oven door and leave the cheesecake to cool in this position. Then remove the mold and leave until completely cooled. Send the form to the refrigerator.
- Cheesecake should be in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, it is better to leave it overnight. In the meantime, prepare the cherry sauce for the cheesecake. Cherry pick, rinse and peel off, put in a colander and leave to drain. Frozen cherries can be thrown in a colander and left to defrost and drain.
- About 150 g of the cleared cherry is ground in a blender until smooth. Fold the whole and crushed cherries in a saucepan, cover with sugar and put on a small fire. Stir the starch in cold water. As soon as the cherry leaves the juice and starts to boil, mix thoroughly.
- Boil the cherry with the juice for a weak boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, stirring, cherry sauce, pour a thin stream of starch liquid into it. Bring the sauce to a boil and remove the saucepan from the heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sauce into a separate container and send to the refrigerator. Before serving, take out the cheesecake and cherry forms from the refrigerator. Gently remove the cheesecake from the mold, remove the detachable ring and cover the surface with cherry sauce. Cut the cheesecake with cherries into pieces and serve to the table chilled. Have a nice tea!