The recipe for making cheese fondue at home. This fondue is ideal for a party or a buffet table, everyone will appreciate this original and very tasty dish.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
For cheese fondue:
- 300 grams of quality (!) hard cheese
- 200 ml of white dry wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1,5-2 tbsp. starch
- 2 garlic cloves
- pepper and nutmeg to taste
To serve to the fondue to taste):
- boiled potatoes
- pitted olives
- squid rings
Recipe for cooking at home
- In advance, prepare the ingredients for the filing of cheese fondue. Fry the crackers or boil the potatoes and cut it into cubes. Peeled shrimp or squid boil in boiling salted water (1-2 minutes after boiling). Cut the squid rings or rings.
- Then prepare the fondue from the cheese. Pour the wine into a thick-walled pot and put it on a weak fire. Garlic is cleaned, crushed in garlic or very finely chopped, add to warm wine.
- While the wine is gradually warming (in no case bring it to a boil), grate the cheese on a large grater. Add all the cheese to the hot wine in three sets, each time thoroughly kneading to homogeneity.
- In a small container, add the starch and pour the lemon juice, mix thoroughly until smooth. Pour the starch mixture into cheese and stir well until completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the fire, pepper and add a pinch of nutmeg, mix.
- Pour the cheese fondue into a special shape and place it over the candle so that the cheese is always hot. If you do not have a special fondue kit, you can fasten a container with a hot cheese mass over a bowl of boiling water.
- The dish should be served hot, with vegetables, rusks or seafood according to your taste. Rape appetite!