This recipe allows you to cook Chechen dumplings (Zhizhig Galnysh) at home. Such a delicious dish will conquer any gourmet, and prepare it for everyone.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 800 grams of chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 onion
- about 100 ml of water
- 1 egg
- 4-5 black peppercorn
- 1-2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Chicken drumstick should be rinsed and put in a pan, add black peppercorns and a bay leaf. Pour the contents of the pan with water so that they completely cover the lower leg, put it on the fire.
- Immediately after boiling, remove the foam, reduce the heat. Peel the bulb, cut into two pieces and put in boiling chicken broth. Boil chicken drumsticks / thighs for 25-30 minutes with a slight boil. Meanwhile, prepare a dough for Chechen dumplings. Flour sift through a sieve in a bowl with salt and stir. In the center make a small funnel and drive a raw egg there. Thoroughly grind the mass with a fork until crumbs are formed. Gradually pour the water into the dough and knead it until smooth. The dough for Chechen dumplings should turn out to be smooth and elastic. Wrap the dough with a film and send it to the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough and roll it out on a flour-padded surface in a thin layer about 0.8-1 cm thick. Cut the dough into long strips about 2.5 cm wide. Cut each strip of dough with diagonal pieces approximately 0.8-1 cm wide.
- Each piece is stretched so that a thin strip of dough is obtained (squeeze the strip with three fingers and stretch it a little). Leave the dough pieces dry, and then cook the broth.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks with a whisk into the dish after half an hour after boiling. Separate the meat with the skin from the bone and leave to cool. Bones return to the broth, salt it to taste and boil everything for 15 minutes. Strain the broth through a sieve. Onions, bones, peppercorns and bay leaf can be discarded.
- Half the broth pour into a separate pan and put on fire. After boiling, pour half of the Chechen dumplings into a saucepan and boil them until ready for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken into small pieces and put them on the dish. Put the finished dumplings into the dish to the meat, bring the broth back to the boil and cook the remaining Chechen dumplings in it until ready.
- Transfer the finished dumplings to the dish to the meat. Galushki in Chechen style served hot with chicken and remaining broth . When serving, it is necessary to sprinkle the meat with salt to taste or serve all together with garlic, rubbed into a slurry with salt. Bon appetit!