This is a real recipe for making Potato cakes according to GOST, which will remind you of a carefree childhood and are ideal for a family tea party.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Biscuit for cakes Potatoes according to GOST:
- 6 eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 150 gr of flour
- 2 tablespoons starch
- 1/5 tsp salt
Cream for GOST for cakes Potatoes:
- 250 g butter
- 130 g of powdered sugar
- 100 ml of condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. rum / vodka / cognac or liquor
Cover for pastries:
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar with a slide
Recipe for cooking at home
- Squirrels are separated from the yolks and sent to the refrigerator at the time of preparation of the biscuit test. Combine the yolks in one large bowl and leave at room temperature. Sift the flour together with the starch through a sieve into a separate bowl and stir.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C, grease the baking dish or cover with parchment paper. Mix the yolks with a mixer until lightening and pour sugar in a thin trickle. Beat the yolk cream 5 minutes before the splendor.
- Mix the sifted flour mix to the yolk mixture and knead the homogeneous dough with a spatula. Squirrels are removed from the refrigerator and beat with salt by a mixer at high speed until stable peaks (the whisking tips must be clean).
- Gradually mix the protein cream into the dough, pour it into a baking dish and To send in a preheated oven. Bake a biscuit for cakes Potatoes are about 40 minutes. Take out the form, cover it with a light towel and leave it for half an hour.
- Take the cake from the mold to the grate and leave for at least 4 hours ( Potato cakes according to GOST are prepared only from biscuit, which has been weathered for 12 hours after baking ). After this time, crush the sponge cake with your hands, using a fork, combine, blender or meat grinder and put it in a bowl.
- Butter should be removed from the refrigerator in advance and left for half an hour in the heat. Then beat it with a mixer until fluffy for 1-2 minutes, gradually add the powdered sugar and whisk for another 2-3 minutes until a creamy consistency is created.
- Do not stop beating the oil cream, pour in a spoonful all condensed milk and any alcohol, mix until homogeneous. Add the cream (leave a couple of spoons to decorate) to the biscuit crumb and mix it well. Form the hands of the resulting light mass of cakes, give them an oval or round shape and lay them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Send the potatoes for 20-30 minutes in the fridge for impregnation. In a small deep dish, combine cocoa powder and powdered sugar, stir. Take the cakes out of the fridge, roll in the cocoa mixture and decorate the remaining cream in the form of stems. Have a nice tea!