Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Take the butter out and the refrigerator and leave for 10 minutes at room temperature. Half the milk is poured into a saucepan and put on fire. Bring the milk to a boil, stirring, and lower the heat. Sprinkle poppy seeds, stir and boil on low heat for about 1-2 minutes until thickened (stir continuously).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to cool. Combine the softened butter with sugar (130 g) until a light, lush mass forms. Sift into a separate bowl of flour, starch, salt and baking powder, mix. Add the boiled poppy, the beaten butter with sugar, the remaining milk to the bowl with a dry mixture.
- Heat the oven to 180C, cover the pan with parchment paper. Squirrels are separated from the yolks and whipped with the rest of the sugar (70 gr) until firm peaks. Gently mix the protein mass in the poppy paste, spread everything on a baking tray and smooth the surface.
- Bake a cake for a cake with poppy and prunes for about 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven. Then take out the baking tray, cover the cake with a light kitchen towel and leave to cool.
- While baking cakes, prepare a cream for a cake with prunes and poppy seeds. To do this, pre-brew strong black tea and pour half a cup of it off. Prunes pour hot tea and put on fire. Brew, stirring, until all the liquid has absorbed. Remove the saucepan with prunes from the heat and leave to cool.
- Slightly warm prunes beat with a mixer, gradually pouring powdered sugar. Add the sour cream and continue churning the prunes until a uniform lush mass forms. Slightly cooled cake cut into 3 equal parts. Each part is smeared with sour cream.
- Decorate the cake with poppy and prunes to your taste (can be nuts or poppy seeds). You can serve immediately, but the cake will taste better if you let it brew in a cool place for several hours. Cut the cake with poppy and prunes into portions and serve to tea. Bon appetit!