A cake with fish and rice, cooked according to this recipe, will please even those who do not like fish.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- In a saucepan, boil water, add a pinch of citric acid, a teaspoon of salt. Rinse rice and pour into boiling tap water. Cook for about 15 minutes until cooked. Throw the rice in a colander and allow it to cool completely.
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces, fold them into a container. Season and pepper the fish, mix thoroughly and leave it for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin half rings. In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes until golden. Mix the onions with rice (butter, in which the onion was fried, do not drain). Salt the mixture with a teaspoon of salt and pepper, mix.
- divide the dough into two equal parts, roll half the dough on the surface covered with flour. Lay the rolled out layer on the bottom of the mold (grease it with vegetable oil or lay a lightly oiled parchment).
- On top of the dough, put half the stuffing from rice with onions, put 2-3 bay leaves. Lay out pieces of fish in a uniform layer, put 2-3 bay leaves in different places and close it with the remaining rice and onions.
- Rinse the remaining dough into a thin layer and cover the cake with fish and rice. Press the edges of the lower and upper dough with your fingers. Leave the cake in a warm place for 25 minutes.
- After this time, separate the yolk from the protein and beat it with 1 tbsp. water. Heat the oven to 180 / 200C, pour the cake with beaten yolk and send to a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- When the pie with fish and rice is covered with a golden crust, remove it from the oven and cover it tightly with a foil. After 20 minutes, cut the cake with fish and rice into portions and serve. Bon appetit!