You can prepare a real Prague cake using this classic recipe.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Eggs to drive into a bowl and start whipping from a mixer with a pinch of salt. Then, without stopping to whip, add sugar and continue to whisk for about 3 minutes before the formation of a magnificent creamy mass.
- Add sour cream, condensed milk, soda (slaked with lemon juice) and whisk at low speed for about half a minute. Pour in the cocoa powder and mix. Flour sift through a sieve and gradually pour into the egg cream, stirring. Leave the dough for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C, grease the baking dish with butter or lay a parchment paper. Pour half the dough into a mold and send it to the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until it is ready. Keep the remaining dough while in the refrigerator. You can at once bake one cake and cut it into three equal parts.
- Meanwhile, prepare a cream for the Prague cake. In a bowl, melt the butter lightly until soft, start whisking it with a mixer (about a minute to make it lush). Then pour in the condensed milk, pour in the cocoa powder and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove the oil in the refrigerator while preparing the remaining ingredients. Boil strong coffee and allow it to cool to a warm temperature. Then pour the cognac and stir. When the biscuit is ready, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake the second cake for the cake from the remaining dough. Warm the cake in two pieces and soak both coffee and cognac. The same is done with the second cake. Remove the cream from the refrigerator.
- Fold the cake into a split form: a cake, a uniform layer of cream, a cake, cream, cake, cream. Cover everything with a beautiful top cake and lightly press down. It is advisable to let the cake stand for 10 minutes in a cool place.
- Prepare a sweet to decorate the cake. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put it in a small container. Melt it in a water bath or in a microwave, add hot water and butter, stir gently.
- Then gently remove the split ring in which the cake is. Lubricate its surface and sides with a uniform layer of chocolate glaze. Cake Prague should be infused after cooking for at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- After that, you can cut the cake into small portions and serve, especially tasty with coffee. Bon appetit!