The classic recipe for Napoleon cake, one of the most loved and popular cakes.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift through the sieve 5 cups (750 g) of flour on the cutting surface. Margarine slightly melt to softness and cut it into small pieces, add to the flour. Grind the flour mass with your hands, the dough should resemble a crumb. Gradually pouring milk, kneading elastic mass, not sticking to the hands. There is no need to mix for a long time for Napoleon.
- divide the mass into two halves, each divided into 7 equal parts. Heat the oven to 180 / 200C, sprinkle the baking tray lightly (!) With flour. Roll out 1/14 of the dough into a circle whose diameter is equal to the desired diameter of the cake (about 27-30 cm).
- It is convenient to do this with a split-shaped bottom – attach it to the dough and crop excess. Carefully place the circle on a baking sheet and send it to a preheated oven.
- Biscuits are baked for Napoleon very quickly – about 5-7 minutes at the specified temperature. Follow the test so that it does not burn, then roll out the next part of the dough and trim the edges. Cut the dough does not discard, but add it to a separate bowl.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven with the first cake and carefully place it with a spatula on the dish. Put on the baking tray the second layer of dough and send it to bake. Thus, bake all the remaining dough, add the cakes to each other.
- When the dough is finished, add the scraps from the cakes to the baking sheet and send it to the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Take them out, cool and crumble their hands in small pieces.
- While everything is cooling down, cook the cream. To do this, separate the yolks from the whites and start whipping with a mixer. Pour three tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk at high speed for about 2-3 minutes, a magnificent creamy mass should be formed.
- Sift into a yolk mass of 3 tbsp. flour and mix. Without stopping stirring, pour about 75 ml of milk. It should be a lot of consistency resembling a jelly.
- The remaining milk should be poured into a saucepan and put on a fire. Bring the milk to a boil, stirring, and remove the pan from the plate. Pour the hot milk with a thin trickle into the yolk cream, stirring constantly.
- Stir until homogeneity and put everything on the fire. As soon as the custard boils (not overgrown to stir it), remove the pan from the stove and allow it to cool completely. Butter melt on a water bath or in a microwave (but not until the liquid state, but until soft). Beat the butter with 400 grams of sugar with a mixer until a lush, homogeneous mass forms.
- Then gradually, for 1-2 tablespoons add the custard in butter and prozholzat whip until smooth, smooth cream. Spread a thin layer of cream between the cooled cakes and cover with the last cake.
- Grind the trimmings to sprinkle on the surface of the cake (leave a little to powder the sides). Put a board on it and put a teapot with 2 liters of water on top (or another weight of about 1.5-2 kg).
- Napoleon cake should be infused for at least 8-10 hours under pressure , or 14-15 hours without oppression. After the specified time, remove the pressure, slightly loosen the crumb on the surface. Coat the sides of the cake with cream, which stood out due to oppression and sprinkle them with the remaining crumbs. The classic Napoleon cake is ready, cut into pieces and serve for tea or coffee. Bon appetit!