The classic recipe for making a Medovik cake is within everyone's power, you just need to follow the step-by-step instructions.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Honey cakes for cake:
- 350 gr of flour (+200 g for powder)
- 200 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g of butter
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp. soda
Sour cream for Medovik:
- 0.8 kg of sour cream
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g sugar
- a handful of light raisins (about 70 g) - not necessarily
- 30 gr walnuts
Recipe for cooking at home
- Prepare the dough for the honey. Drive eggs into a bowl and beat them with a mixer until firm foam for 5 minutes. Without ceasing to beat the egg mass with a mixer, pour in melted butter, honey and pour in soda.
- Put the mass in a water bath and heat, stirring, until the ingredients are completely dissolved. Then gradually add the flour and knead a homogeneous soft dough. Remove the bowl from the water bath and leave to cool.
- Put a little warm mass on the flour-padded surface and knead a soft dough that does not stick to your hands. If necessary, pour in the flour. Heat the oven to 180 ° C, sprinkle the pan with flour.
- divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll each into a circle about 5 mm thick. Cut the circle in a shape about 25 cm in diameter, cut the trimming into a separate bowl. Put the dough round on a baking sheet and send it to the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes.
- When the crunch blushes, remove it from the oven and put it on the dish to cool. Bake in this way all the honey cakes for the cake. Then bake the scraps (they will be useful for decoration). In the meantime, prepare sour cream for Medovik.
- Softened butter (hold it for half a minute in a water bath or 15 minutes at room temperature) to start beating with a mixer. Gradually add sugar, whisk for a couple of minutes to the splendor.
- Then add the sour cream, without stopping the cream with a mixer. Cut the walnuts into small pieces and lightly fry in a dry frying pan. Fruit pour for 10 minutes with boiling water. Then merge it and dry the dried fruit.
- Fold the Medovik cake on a flat dish in the following order: cake, cream, raisins, cake, cream, raisins, etc. The last cake should be greased with cream, the sides of the cake should also be coated with cream. Baked scraps of the dough are grinded into crumbs, mixed with nuts and decorated with the surface of the cream.
- Cake Medovik should be infused in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Then take it out, cut into small portions and serve it with tea or coffee. Bon appetit!