Incredibly delicious cake Lady's whim will pleasantly surprise you with its unique combination of three cakes - with raisins, nuts and poppy seeds, smeared with a gentle cream.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for a cake Lady's whim:
- 400 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of margarine (can be replaced completely or half by butter)
- 200 g of sour cream 20%
- 100 g of peeled walnuts
- 80-100 grams of raisins (preferably light)
- 50-60 gr of dry poppy
- 1 tsp. soda without a slide
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp vanillin
Cream cake Lady's whim: 350-400 g of condensed milk (you can use boiled condensed milk)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Eggs and sour cream should be left for 15 minutes at room temperature, margarine cut into small cubes and left for the same time warm enough for it to melt. Sift flour through a sieve together with salt, soda and vanillin into a separate bowl, stir.
- Raisins pour hot water for 10-15 minutes, then drain it and dry the dried fruits with a napkin. Nuts to peel, chop in small pieces and fry in a dry frying pan until a pleasant aroma appears.
- Eggs should be hammered into a bowl and beaten with a mixer until the foam appears. Do not stop whipping, pour sugar into the eggs with a thin trickle of sugar and whisk for another 5 minutes until a light, lush mass appears. Gradually add the margarine and whisk until it is completely dissolved. Pour the cream into the egg cream with a thin trickle of sour cream and mix with a mixer at a high speed until a uniform consistency is obtained. Mix the flour mixture with the resulting mass and mix the dough until smooth. Oven to warm up to 180C, bake a piece of butter and sprinkle with flour (or cover with parchment paper). If you have three (or two) shapes of the same size – you can use them at the same time.
- Biscuit dough is divided into three equal parts. To one of them to mix raisins, to the second nuts, and to the remained – a poppy. Pour any three of the dough pieces into a baking dish and send to a preheated oven. Cover the bowls with the remaining dough with a light towel or lid and leave in a slightly warm place (about 25 ° C).
- Bake a cake for a cake. The female whim is about 30-35 minutes before the golden top. Remove the shape and put the biscuit on the grate, pour the second part of the dough into the mold and send it to the cooker until it is ready. Put the finished cake on a grate and bake the last biscuit.
- All three cakes for the cake should be completely cooled after baking (it is advisable to let them dry on the grill for about 2 hours). Cream butter should be removed from the refrigerator and left for half an hour in a warm place or at room temperature.
- After this time, beat the butter with a mixer until fluffy. Do not stop whipping, add to it gradually condensed milk, whisking until homogenous after each spoon. Put the cake with raisins on a dish and grease it with cream, cover with a poppy-seeded cork and grease with cream. On top put the last cake with nuts, grease the surface and sides of the cake with the remaining cream and decorate to your taste (for example grated chocolate and nuts or glaze).
- Cake Lady’s whim should not bother in the fridge less than 5-6 hours. Remove the prepared dish from the refrigerator, cut into small portions and serve. Have a nice tea!