If you watch your health or figure, use this recipe. Stuffed cabbage rolls with chicken meat are incredibly tender, fragrant and tasty.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 cabbage head, weighing about 1-1.2 kg
- 0.5 kg of ground chicken
- 70 g of dry rice
- 3 bulbs
- 4 medium carrots
- 200 gr tomato paste (can be replaced with 3-4 tomatoes)
- a small piece of celery root
- a few branches of fresh greens
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- At the head of cabbage cabbage cut a cob, in a saucepan boil and add water. Put cabbage into the pan with boiling water and boil it for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the fire and leave for 30-40 minutes until almost complete cooling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing from chicken mince for cabbage rolls. Rinse rice and pour into a saucepan with boiling, salted water (200-250 ml is enough). Cook rice for about 25 minutes until cooked and completely absorbed by water. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cover with a lid.
- Carrots peel and grate on a large grater. The celery root should also be peeled and grated. Peel onion and cut into small pieces. Pour a couple of spoonfuls of vegetable oil into a frying pan and put it on the fire. Put onion and warmed butter on a frying pan and fry it over medium heat until golden brown for 2-3 minutes. Then add the carrots and celery and mix. Cook the fry for chicken cabbage leaves for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring.
- Wash greens, dry and chop. Combine the chicken forcemeat in a bowl with rice, herbs and half the roast, mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper the chicken filling for cabbage rolls to taste (you can slightly overdo it).
- Take the cabbage out of the water and dry it with a towel. Head to the leaves. Put a filling of chicken, rice and vegetables (about 1-2 tablespoons) into the center of the cabbage leaf and wrap it in a sheet.
- The bottom of a pot with a thick bottom (or gosyatnitsy) lay cabbage leaves, lay on top of the workpiece of chicken cabbage leaves. Add tomato paste with 300 ml of water and stir. Cover the stuffed cabbage with the remaining roast and pour the tomato sauce. If you replace the tomato paste with tomatoes, you need to make cross-cuts on them and put them on a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Then put them into a jar of cold water and leave it for a few minutes to cool.
- Peel the tomatoes and peel them thoroughly with a fork or blender. Combine the tomato puree with 100-150 ml of water and stir. Pour the mixture of stuffed cabbage with vegetables.
- Put the saucepan with cabbage rolls on the fire and bring to a boil. Immediately after boiling, reduce heat and cover the pan with a lid. Prepare the cabbage rolls with chicken for 1 hour.
- If you want to cook the chicken cabbage rolls in the oven, you need to send the heat-resistant saucepan under the lid with the pigeons in a preheated oven to 180C. Cook cabbage rolls with chicken forcemeat in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven / remove the pan from the cooker and leave it under the lid for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and lay cabbage rolls on plates, serve hot. Bon appetit!