Cabbage rolls in vine leaves or dolma, as they are also called, are cooked in the countries of the East.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- about 45 grape leaves (carefully washed)
- 0.5 liters of meat or vegetable broth (can be replaced with water)
- 0.5 kg of mutton from mutton (can be replaced with pork-beef)> 200 ml of matsoni (can be replaced with yoghurt without additives or low-fat sour cream)
- 5 tbsp. rice (preferably varieties of arborio)
- 4 bulbs
- 60 g butter
- 3- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- a small bunch of greens (coriander, dill, parsley, basil and mint) <5 item garlic cloves
- 1/5 tsp (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Leaves are desirable to use light grapes, but necessarily young and medium-sized. old and dark leaves for cooking stuffed cabbage in grape leaves are not suitable. In a saucepan, boil water, salt and put grape leaves there. Boil for about a minute, then remove the pan from the fire, and after 2 minutes drain the water.
- Separate the leg from each sheet, cool them. Onions peeled and finely chopped, in a frying pan heat up the butter and vegetable oil. Fry the onion onions for 2-3 minutes until soft and golden.
- If you are not using Arborio, and another sort of rice – rinse it under cold water. Fold the croup in a saucepan and pour 300 ml of water, put on a fire and bring to a boil.
- After this, cook rice for 5 more minutes, recline in a colander and allow to drain the liquid. Wash all greenery, grind with a knife. Prepare the stuffing for cabbage rolls in the grape leaves. To do this, mix the minced meat, fried onions, rice, chopped greens in one bowl and mix thoroughly. Add salt, pepper and zir, stir again.
- Put the grape leaf with a smooth side down, the rear (with streaks) up. Put in the middle of the sheet 2-3 tablespoons. stuffing and wrap the bluefin in the grape leaf.
- To do this, first cover the filling with the top of the sheet, then bend the side pieces to the center and roll the bluebird downwards.
- At the bottom of the thick- 6-8 grape leaves (can be torn or unsuitable for wrapping). Lay the cabbage leaves over the leaves in grape leaves and pour broth with water or broth.
- Put the pan on the fire, put the heavy plate on top of the cabbage leaves (otherwise the leaves will unfold), which freely enters the pan.
- As soon as the liquid boils, reduce the heat and cook for about an hour and a half on a small fire. Remove the pan from the fire, remove the plate and cover it.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce, mix a small bunch of shredded greenery with yoghurt (matsoni, sour cream), add the garlic crushed garlic and carefully mix. Arrange the cabbage rolls in the grape leaves on plates and serve with puked sauce. Bon appetit!