Sauerkraut in Georgian, the recipe of which is described step by step below, will be remembered for a long time by you and your loved ones with its unique piquant taste.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 2 heads of cabbage (only about 2.5 kg)
- 0.5 kg of beet
- 200 gr celery
- 100 gr of garlic
- a bunch of dill and parsley (only 100 gr of greens)
- 1 hot red pepper
Marinade for cabbage in Georgian:
- 2 liters of pure water
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar 5%
- 150 g sugar
- 80 grams of salt
- 1 tbsp. peas of black pepper
- 2 tsp.
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 3 clove buds
Recipe for cooking at home
- Each cabbage is cut into halves, and each of them cut along 3-4 pieces. Cut the beetroot from the peel and cut into circles about 0.5 cm thick. Spoon the red pepper, remove the stem and seeds, cut it into small cubes. Peel the garlic. Greens to rinse and dry.
- At the bottom of a large enameled pan lay a third of the peeled garlic and herbs. From above put a few stalks of celery and beet slices, lay out half of the cabbage. Next, send half the remaining greens, garlic, celery and beets to the pan.
- Put the remaining cabbage slices on the vegetables, cover it with the remaining beets, greens, garlic and celery stalks. Sprinkle cabbage with hot red pepper. In a separate saucepan cook marinade for sauerkraut in Georgian.
- Combine water, peach pepper, apple cider vinegar, bay leaves, cloves, salt, sugar and put on fire. Immediately after boiling, remove the saucepan from the fire and pour cabbage with vegetables into the boiling marinade. Put on top a large flat plate (its diameter should be 1-2 cm less than the diameter of the pan), and on top of it put the yoke about 2 kg.
- Cabbage in Georgian marinated 3 days in room temperature. After the specified time, you can remove the pressure, transfer the sauerkraut to a suitable container, cover and send it to the refrigerator. You can serve Georgian cabbage to the table as a snack immediately after the end of marinating. Bon appetit!