Bulgarian pepper canned in tomato juice is a simple and versatile preparation that will be enjoyed by even those who do not like sweet peppers in a fresh and baked kind
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 4 kg of Bulgarian pepper
- 1,5 l of tomato juice (preferably home)
- 200 ml of vegetable oil
- 100 ml of vinegar 9%
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1,5 st.l. salts
Recipe for cooking at home
- Bulgarian pepper is washed, remove the stem and seeds, cut the flesh into large slices of approximately the same size.
- In a saucepan, mix the tomato juice with salt, sugar and vegetable oil, put on fire. After boiling the tomato sauce, dip the sweet pepper into it and boil everything again.
- Cook the Bulgarian pepper in tomato juice for 15 minutes with a slight boil. By that time, you can sterilize the cans in any convenient way for you. Cover the boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar to the pepper, stir and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Spread the pepper on sterile jars, pour it over with boiling sauce from tomato juice and immediately roll up the covers.
- Turn the jars upside down, wrap the blanket and leave until completely cooled. Store Bulgarian pepper in tomato juice along with the rest of the blanks for the winter in a cool and dark place.