Fragrant home-made black currant jam is just a find for those who do not imagine their life without sweet to tea, but at the same time cares about their health.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1,5-1,7 kg of black currant
- 1,5-1,7 sugar
- 0.5 L of clean water
Recipe for cooking at home
- In a saucepan, combine water and half of sugar, put on fire. Stirring, bring the mixture to the full dissolution of sugar and to a boil. Wash black currant jam for 5-7 minutes with a gentle boil, stirring occasionally with a plastic or wooden spoon. Banks sterilize in steaming, in the oven or in the microwave, cover the lids for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking, add sugar to the boiling jam, stir until it is completely dissolved and boil another minute for a weak boiling. If desired, you can crush the jam with a potato or a blender.
- Pour the prepared jam over sterile and dry jars, immediately roll them up and turn them with the neck down. Wrap the jars with a blanket and allow to cool completely (at least 8 hours).
- After that, you can remove the currant jam for storage in a cool dark room and store it with the rest of the stock for the winter.