Bigus from sauerkraut cooked according to this recipe will pleasantly surprise even experienced housewives.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 600 grams of sauerkraut
- 200 grams of pork (preferably the neck)
- 150 grams of ham or smoked breast
- 150 ml of red semisweet wine
- 1 bulb
- 50 g of lard
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. flour
- a few sprigs of dill and parsley
- ground paprika to taste
- salt, pepper taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Pork is washed, dried and cut into small cubes. In a frying pan warm up 1-2 tablespoons. vegetable oil and lay out the meat. Fry the pork on high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring. Transfer the meat to a paper towel and leave to cool.
- Cut the fat into small pieces and put it on a heated frying pan, in which meat was roasted. Fry the fat on moderate heat for about 5 minutes until golden brown and transfer to a paper towel.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin quarters. In a frying pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil and put onions. Fry it for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and add the tomato paste. Fry onion and tomato for half a minute, stirring and taking off from heat, leave to cool.
- In a deep frying pan pour a spoonful of vegetable oil, evenly distribute it over the surface and put the pan on the fire. Put sauerkraut on a frying pan with preheated oil. Fry it over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring. Cut the ham into small cubes.
- Then add a ham, sauerkraut, onion with tomato paste, fried lard (cracklings), pork and pork into the frying pan. Cook the dish on medium heat without a lid. After about two minutes, pour the wine into the frying pan, add flour, salt, pepper, paprika to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Cooking the bigus from sauerkraut for about 10-15 minutes with moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Wash greens, dry and grind. Sprinkle the prepared bigos with chopped herbs, remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- Bigus with sauerkraut will be tastier if you give it 10 minutes to stand under the lid. Then remove the lid, spread the bigos on plates and serve hot. Bon appetit!