If you have a pack of ready-made puff pastry, you can always prepare from it hastily crumbly puff pastry with any filling to your taste.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 kg of puff yeast
- 0.5 kg of cherry
- 200 g of red currant
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tsp. starch
+ powdered sugar for decoration
Recipe for cooking at home
- Puff the dough in advance with a food film and leave it to thaw at room temperature. Thaw the frozen dough into a thin layer and cut into triangles of equal size (the side about 6-7 cm). Cherry with currants, sort, rinse and dry. Mix the fruit with sugar and starch. Egg in a small bowl, add milk and shake until smooth. Put on the wide side of each triangle for 1 tsp. (not reaching 1 cm to the edge).
- Carefully fold the triangles with the filling into rolls and put them on a baking sheet, greased with vegetable oil or covered with parchment paper. Cover the products with a light kitchen towel and leave for half an hour in the warmth.
- By that time, preheat the oven to 180C. Lubricate the surface of the bagels with a thin layer of egg mixture and send the baking tray into the heated oven. Bake bagels from puff pastry for about 20 minutes until lightly roughened.
- Remove the baking sheet and leave it until completely cooled. Sprinkle puff pastry with powdered sugar and serve to the table. Bon appetit!