The recipe for cooking aza in Tatar with photos and step-by-step description is within the power of even beginners. Tender and juicy meat with potatoes is ideal for lunch or a hearty dinner.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 500 g of beef (can be replaced with pork)> 6 potato
- 200 ml of broth or pure water
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium salted cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- bay leaf
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Beef / pork washed and dried, cut into strips. Peel onion and cut into thin half rings. In the cauldron, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and put onions.
- Fry it over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add chopped meat. Pickled cucumbers on a large grater. After another 5 minutes, add the tomato paste with pickled cucumbers, pour in the broth and mix. Cook the Tatar aza from beef for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes. Peel it and cut into strips (the same pieces as meat), then discard it in a colander and rinse thoroughly. Dry potatoes wafers with a napkin or paper towel.
- Heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and lay the potatoes. Fry the potatoes for 10-12 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Near the end, add salt to taste.
- Add the fried potatoes to the meat bowl and mix. Garlic is cleaned, finely chopped and added to the ash together with the laurel leaf, salt and pepper. Mix again and cover.
- Cook the aza in Tatar for another 10 minutes on low heat. Then remove the cauldron from the fire and wrap it with a towel or blanket. Let the azu brew for about 20-30 minutes . After that, the dish of Tatar cuisine is considered ready, to serve it hot, as an independent dish. Bon appetit!