Prepared in this way for the winter, apricots retain maximum taste and nutrients.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
To 1-l jar:
- 10 pcs of medium-sized apricots
- 170 grams of sugar
- water - optional
Recipe for cooking at home
- Banks (volume 1 l) sterilize in pairs, in the oven or in the microwave. Boil the lids for 10 minutes. Wash apricots, dry them, cut them in half, and remove pits (not necessarily).
- Tightly peel apricots in a jar, fill them with sugar. To the bottom of a large pot or bowl to lay a towel folded three times. On top of the towels put the jars with apricots and sugar, pour the water of room temperature into the pan / bowl so that it reaches the shoulders of the can.
- Put the pan on the fire and bring the water to a boil. Sterilize apricots with sugar for about 3-4 minutes with low boiling water.
- In a separate saucepan, boil water for syrup (the amount of water is optional – by the number of cans and apricots). Pour boiled apricots with sugar in jars, cover them with lids and sterilize them for another 8-10 minutes with a slight boil of water in a saucepan.
- One take out jars of boiling water, roll them over, turn them over upside down and wrap a blanket or towel. After the glass has completely cooled down, you can turn the cans and send them to storage in a dark and cool room. Apricots are stored in syrup until 1-1.5 years old.