Prepare a pastel from apricots for the winter - it's like keeping a piece of sunny summer.
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 kg of apricots
- 200 g of sugar
Recipe for cooking at home
- Wash apricots, wipe dry and remove bones. Cut the pulp into small pieces, put in a bowl or pot and put on fire. Stir the apricot puree until boiling.
- Cook the apricot puree, stirring, for about 15 minutes. Then grind the contents of the pan using a blender or simply wipe the mass. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves completely. Boil the jam for 15 minutes, stirring as often as possible.
- As soon as the weight begins to thicken, remove the pan from the fire and evenly distribute the jam over the baking tray, pasting it with parchment paper and greasing it with a thin a layer of vegetable oil. The thickness of the pastel layer should not be more than 1.5 cm.
- Send the baking tray with apricot jam to the oven preheated to 160 / 180С, open the oven door and secure it in this position (to evaporate moisture). Bake the apricot paste for about 20-40 minutes until the water has evaporated completely.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and leave until completely cooled. Cool the frozen pastille in a roll (it is advisable to cover it first with parchment paper, slightly greased with vegetable oil) and send it to the refrigerator.
- It is kept from apricots in a tightly closed glass or plastic container more than half a year.