Have you tried the traditional apple pie cooked according to the classic American recipe?
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for the apple unit:
- 300 g of flour
- 150 g of butter
- 70-80 pure water (ice)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- half a hour. salt
Apple filling for the unit:
- 1 kg of green apples
- 150- 200 g of sugar (depending on the type of apples)
- 25 g of butter
- 1,5 tbsp. starch
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- half a hour. ground nutmeg
+ 2 tbsp. sugar for cake decoration
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift flour through a sieve together with salt and sugar, stir. Butter the butter on a large grater, add to the sifted flour mixture and grind into crumbs. Spoon into the oily crumb very cold water (pre-hold it for a few minutes in the freezer) and knead the dough.
- Collect the dough into a bowl, divide it into 2: 1 pieces and wrap it tightly each with a food film. Send the dough to the unit with apples for half an hour in the refrigerator. In the meantime, prepare the apple filling for the unit.
- Peel apples from the peel and core, cut the flesh into small pieces of approximately the same size. Fold the crushed apples in a bowl, add sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, ground nutmeg and mix. Stir in the starch and mix again.
- Heat the oven to 220C, bake the baking dish with a piece of butter and lightly sprinkle with flour. Remove most of the dough from the refrigerator, roll it out into a thin round layer and lay it in a mold, the edges of the dough should go outside the mold 1 cm.
- Put the apple stuffing on the dough, sprinkle it with grated creamy butter, roll out the remaining dough into a circle and cover the filling with it. Tightly connect the edges of the lower and upper layers of the dough, in the middle cut any small figure (for the exit of steam), you can simply cut the circle. Lubricate the surface of the pie with water or milk and sprinkle with two tablespoons of sugar, send the form to a preheated oven.
- Cook the apple pie for about 10 minutes at this temperature. Then reduce the temperature to 180C and bake the cake until ready (another 45 minutes). Remove the mold from the oven and leave until completely cooled. Carefully shift the share of apples to a dish, decorate to your taste and cut into small pieces. Have a nice tea!